BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE | ALL LIFE STAGES
NEW ENGLAND MACKEREL, HERRING, FLOUNDER, REDFISH, MONKFISH & SILVER HAKE
A DIVERSITY OF FRESH, WHOLE, AND WILD-CAUGHT FISH FROM NEW ENGLAND’S COLD ATLANTIC WATERS.
With 85% quality fish ingredients, ORIJEN Six Fish nourishes dogs of all life stages according to their evolutionary and biological needs.
A full 2/3 of our fish is FRESH (refrigerated, without preservatives) or RAW (flash-frozen, without preservatives), including the top 6 fish ingredients.
Nutrient-dense WholePrey ratios of fresh whole fish (including meat and bone) provide virtually every nutrient your dog needs to thrive – only zinc and copper are added.
Our dried fish are specially prepared at 200ºF from fresh, whole, wild-caught fish to create a concentrated source of richly nourishing protein that cannot be supplied by fresh fish alone.
Infusions of freeze-dried cod liver enhance flavor and palatability naturally, giving ORIJEN Six Fish a delicious taste that dogs crave.
IS YOUR DOG'S FOOD BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE?
Dogs evolved as hunters and, just like their wild cousins, their teeth, jaws, and digestive system are all adapted for a meat-concentrated diet that is rich in fresh meat and meat diversity. Biologically Appropriate foods mirror the natural diet and answer three meat questions:
ORIJEN leads its class in premium fish inclusions.
All from fish from federally inspected facilities prior to inclusion in our foods.
2/3 of fish are FRESH or RAW and loaded with goodness.
1/3 is dried at low temperature for a premium protein source.
A variety of fish in WholePrey ratios supply nutrients naturally, dramatically reducing the need for synthetic supplements.
Wild-caught silver hake
ONLY 2 SUPPLEMENTS – ZINC & COPPER
In nature there are no synthetic supplements, so dogs and wolves derive their complete nutritional needs naturally, by consuming whole prey animals and fish. Made with fresh, whole fish, ORIJEN SIX FISH provides a richly nourishing and concentrated source of virtually every nutrient your dog needs to thrive, naturally, without long lists of synthetic supplements, so only zinc and copper are added.
INGREDIENTS WE LOVE FROM PEOPLE WE TRUST
Whole Atlantic mackerel, whole Atlantic herring, monkﬁsh, Acadian redﬁsh, ﬂounder, whole silver hake, mackerel meal, herring meal, blue whiting meal, sunflower oil, whole red lentils, whole pinto beans, cod meal, pollock meal, safflower oil, whole green peas, whole green lentils, whole navy beans, lentil ﬁber, natural cod ﬂavor, whole chickpeas, pollock oil, freeze-dried cod liver, whole pumpkin, whole butternut squash, mixed tocopherols (preservative), kale, spinach, mustard greens, collard greens, turnip greens, whole carrots, whole apples, whole pears, pumpkin seeds, sunﬂower seeds, dried kelp, zinc proteinate, D-calcium pantothenate, copper proteinate, chicory root, turmeric, sarsaparilla root, althea root, rosehips, juniper berries, dried lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried bifidobacterium animalis fermentation product, dried lactobacillus casei fermentation product.Meet Our Suppliers
NOURISH AS NATURE INTENDED
Your dog shares his eating anatomy with the gray wolf, which means he’s evolved for a diet rich and varied in fresh meat, protein, and fat – not highly processed carbohydrates and starches.
Crude protein (min.) 38 % Crude fat (min.) 18 % Crude fiber (max.) 4 % Moisture (max.) 12 % DHA (min.) 0.7 % EPA (min.) 0.4 % Calcium (min.) 1.6 % Phosphorus (min.) 1.3 % Omega-6 fatty acids* (min.) 2.1 % Omega-3 fatty acids* (min.) 1.8 % Glucosamine* (min.) 300 mg/kg Chondroitin sulfate* (min.) 300 mg/kg Total Microorganisms* (min.) (Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium animalis, Lactobacillus casei) 100MM CFU/lb
*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles.
- ORIJEN foods mirror the natural diet, incorporating meat, organs, and cartilage or bone in ratios that deliver nutrients naturally and limit supplementation to zinc and copper.
Vitamin A 25.0 kIU/kg Vitamin D3 2.50 kIU/kg Vitamin E 120 IU/kg Thiamine (B1) 23.0 mg/kg Riboflavin (B2) 25.0 mg/kg Pan. Acid (B5) 30.0 mg/kg Niacin (B3) 240 mg/kg Pyridoxine (B6) 22.0 mg/kg Folic Acid 1.00 mg/kg Vitamin B12 0.10 mg/kg Choline 2,000 mg/kg
Potassium 1.00 % Sodium 0.60 % Chloride 0.90 % Iron 130 mg/kg Copper 20 mg/kg Manganese 10 mg/kg Magnesium 0.15 % Zinc 170 mg/kg Iodine 2.20 mg/kg Selenium 1.50 mg/kg
- In nature, dogs and wolves meet their nutritional needs naturally by consuming whole prey animals and whole fish. Similarly, ORIJEN provides essential amino acids from natural and highly bio-available sources.
Arginine 2.36 % Histidine 0.90 % Isoleucine 1.54 % Leucine 2.66 % Lysine 2.82 % Methionine 0.86 % Phenylalanine 1.55 % Threonine 1.57 % Tryptophan 0.40 % Valine 1.84 % Cystiene 0.30 %
- Botanicals mimic the natural diet, acting as tonics and builders to strengthen organs, aid digestion, and eliminate toxins by stimulating physiological processes, like cleansing the liver.
Chicory Root 200 mg/kg Turmeric 200 mg/kg Sarsaparilla Root 150 mg/kg Althea (Marshmallow) Root 150 mg/kg Rosehips 150 mg/kg Juniper Berries 150 mg/kg
RICH IN FISH & PROTEIN Loaded with 85% wild-caught fish ingredients, ORIJEN Six Fish features a richly nourishing and Biologically Appropriate protein level of 38% to replicate your dog’s natural diet. RICH IN ESSENTIAL FISH OILS For amazing skin and coat conditioning, ORIJEN’s unique WholePrey ratios of fresh fish are naturally rich in essential fatty acids, including Omega-3, DHA, and EPA, that are not available from plant sources, such as flax, coconut, or sunflower. GLUCOSAMINE & CHONDROITIN ORIJEN’s high WholePrey ratios of fresh fish provide a rich and natural source of glucosamine and chondroitin, derived naturally from our fresh ingredients, so no synthetic sources are added to ORIJEN foods.
YOUR DOG IS UNIQUE
Your dog is unique and his feeding requirements will vary with his environment, age, and activity. That’s why we suggest starting with the guides below, and then monitoring his weight and adjusting portions as needed. Feed twice daily and remember to always keep fresh, clean water available.
† Use a standard 8-ounce measuring cup. Serve dry or lightly moistened. See your veterinarian regularly. To help maintain freshness, we recommend sealing the bag tightly and storing it in a cool, dry location. ORIJEN Six Fish Dog is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles for All Life Stages, except for growth of large size dogs (70 lb or more as an adult).
ORIJEN Original provides more calories from protein and fat and fewer from carbohydrates, providing a calorie distribution that mirrors a natural diet. Calorie content (calculated): ME 3900 kcal/kg, (445 kcal per 8oz. cup). Calories distributed to support peak conditioning with 39% from protein, 19% from vegetables and fruit, and 42% from fat.
OUR BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE PHILOSOPHY
The gray wolf is the ancestor and closest relative of all domestic dogs. While years of breeding have produced hundreds of ‘different-looking wolves’, the internal workings of wolves and dogs remain unchanged, so it’s no surprise that their food requirements remain the same too. Our five Biologically Appropriate principles are simple and mirror the freshness and variety of meat and fish that dogs have evolved to eat.
- All dogs are adapted for a diet rich in meat and protein. Their sharp teeth and body mechanics are designed to metabolize protein and fat from fish and meat. ORIJEN is created to nourish your dog according to his biological needs.
- 85% fish (2/3 fresh or raw and 1/3 gently dehydrated)
- 38% richly nourishing fish protein
- Our dried fish is prepared at 200°F from fresh, whole fish to create a concentrated source of protein (not the industry standard of bones and trimmings)
- NO gluten or grains
- Meat is the foundation of award-winning ORIJEN foods.
- 2/3 of fish are fresh or raw, supplying your dog with essential nutrients in their most natural and nourishing form.
- 1/3 are dried and prepared at a low temperature from fresh fish, to create a concentrated source of nourishing protein that cannot be supplied by fresh fish alone.
- In nature, dogs benefit from an assortment of meat and fish. This variety is often lost in conventional dog foods which typically feature a single animal ingredient, such as chicken or lamb, that is highly processed and seldom fresh. That’s why award-winning ORIJEN Six Fish features a rich diversity of fresh fish in Biologically Appropriate WholePrey ratios to nourish for peak health:
- Fresh, whole, wild mackerel from New England’s Atlantic waters
- Fresh, whole, wild herring from New England’s Atlantic waters
- Fresh, whole, wild flounder from New England’s Atlantic waters
- Fresh, whole, wild redfish from New England’s Atlantic waters
- Fresh, whole, wild monkfish from New England’s Atlantic waters
- Fresh, whole, wild silver hake from New England’s Atlantic waters
- Mother Nature matched the nutrients in whole animals to perfectly meet your dog’s needs. ORIJEN WholePrey ratios of meat, organs, and cartilage or bone mirror nature and eliminate the need for long lists of synthetic ingredients, so only zinc and copper are added. The WholePrey diet is a nutritional treasure:
- Fish – essential for protein and fat as well as Vitamins A, B, D, and K, copper, chromium, folic acid, iron, magnesium, potassium, selenium, and zinc.
- Organs – packed with virtually every nutrient your dog’s needs to thrive, including vitamins, minerals, healthy fat, and amino acids.
- Cartilage or Edible Bone – a rich source of minerals including calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, and potassium in a natural form that your dog’s body can easily absorb.
- While dogs (and puppies) have no nutritional requirement for carbohydrates, some puppy foods still contain large amounts of potato and tapioca. Biologically Appropriate ORIJEN Six Fish is a protein-rich food featuring only fresh vegetables and fruit which release sugar slowly, dramatically reducing the potential for fat storage.