BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE DOG FOOD
MADE WITH FREE-RUN TURKEY & CHICKEN, WILD-CAUGHT FISH, AND CAGE-FREE EGGS
Your small-breed dog has certain nutritional needs and requires a Biologically Appropriate diet in order to thrive. ORIJEN Small Breed is made specifically for smaller dogs, with nourishing protein and nutrients packed into a unique kibble shape that is easier for them to eat. Formulated with balanced nutrition to maintain energy, ORIJEN Small Breed has a great taste that dogs crave and ingredients that they need for peak health.
- High-Energy Needs Protein-rich to support higher energy needs and balanced nutrition.
- Eye Health Maintenance Lutein-enriched eggs helps support healthy eyes.
- Total System Support Specially formulated to support your dogs immune system.
- Freeze-Dried Liver Infused Kibble for a Taste Your Dog Will Love.
IS YOUR DOG FOOD BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE?
Dogs evolved as hunters and, just like their wild cousins, their teeth, jaws, and digestive system are all adapted for meat-concentrated diets that are rich in fresh meat and meat diversity. Biologically Appropriate foods mirror the natural diet and answer three meat questions:
ORIJEN leads its class in premium meat inclusions.
All from animals from federally inspected facilities prior to inclusion in our foods.
2/3 of meats are FRESH or RAW and loaded with goodness.
A variety of meats in WholePrey ratios supply nutrients naturally, dramatically reducing the need for synthetic supplements.
Deboned turkey, deboned chicken, quail, eggs, whole blue whiting, whole Atlantic mackerel, turkey liver, chicken liver, turkey heart, chicken heart, dehydrated turkey, dehydrated chicken, dehydrated mackerel, dehydrated chicken liver, dehydrated egg, whole red lentils, whole pinto beans, whole green lentils, chicken fat, whole navy beans, whole chickpeas, lentil fiber, pea starch, natural chicken flavor, pollock oil, turkey cartilage, chicken cartilage, freeze-dried chicken liver, New Zealand green mussels, whole cranberries, whole pumpkin, collard greens, carrots, apples, dried kelp, zinc proteinate, salt, mixed tocopherols (preservative), thiamine mononitrate, calcium pantothenate, copper proteinate, chicory, turmeric, sarsaparilla, althea root, rosehips, juniper berries, citric acid (preservative), rosemary extract, dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried Bifidobacterium animalis fermentation product, dried Lactobacillus casei fermentation product.Meet Our Suppliers
NOURISH AS NATURE INTENDED
Your dog shares his eating anatomy with the gray wolf, which means he’s evolved for a diet rich and varied in fresh meat, protein, and fat – not highly processed carbohydrates and starches.
Crude protein (min.) 38 % Crude fat (min.) 18 % Crude fiber (max.) 4 % Moisture (max.) 12 % Dietary starch (max.) 18 % Sugars (max.) 1.3 % DHA (min.) 0.2 % EPA (min.) 0.2 % Calcium (min.) 1.3 % Phosphorus (min.) 1 % Omega-6 fatty acids* (min.) 2.8 % Omega-3 fatty acids* (min.) 1.2 % Glucosamine* (min.) 800 mg/kg Chondroitin sulfate* (min.) 700 mg/kg Total Microorganisms* (min.) (Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium animalis, Lactobacillus casei) 100MM CFU/lb
*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles.
† Use a standard 8-ounce measuring cup. Serve dry or lightly moistened. See your veterinarian regularly. To help maintain freshness, we recommend sealing the bag tightly and storing it in a cool, dry location. ORIJEN Small Breed is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles for All Life Stages, including for growth of large size dogs (70lb or more as an adult).
ORIJEN provides more calories from protein and fat and fewer from carbohydrates, providing a calorie distribution that mirrors a natural dog diet. Metabolizable energy is 3940 kcal/kg (473 kcal per 8fl.ozcup).
OUR BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE PHILOSOPHY
The gray wolf is the ancestor and closest relative of all domestic dogs. While years of breeding have produced hundreds of ‘different-looking wolves’, the internal workings of wolves and dogs remain unchanged, so it’s no surprise that their food requirements remain the same too. Our five Biologically Appropriate principles are simple and mirror the freshness and variety of meat that dogs have evolved to eat.
All puppies have sharp teeth and a body designed to metabolize protein and fat from meat. ORIJEN is designed to nourish your dog according to his evolutionary and biological needs.
- 85% quality animal ingredients (2/3 fresh or raw; 1/3 gently dehydrated)
- 38% richly nourishing meat protein
- NO gluten, potato, or tapioca
Meat is the foundation of award-winning ORIJEN foods.
- 2/3 of the animal ingredients are fresh or raw, supplying your dog with essential nutrients in their most natural and nourishing form.
- ORIJEN is free of rendered chicken or turkey meals, which are replaced with dehydrated chicken and turkey.
In nature, puppies benefit from an assortment of meat. This variety is often lost in conventional dog foods which typically feature a single animal ingredient, such as chicken or lamb, that is highly processed and seldom fresh. That’s why award-winning ORIJEN Small Breed features a rich diversity of fresh meat in Biologically Appropriate WholePrey ratios to nourish your dog peak growth and development:
- Fresh free-run chicken from Kentucky farms
- Fresh free-run turkey from Indiana farms
- Fresh, whole, wild-caught flounder, Atlantic mackerel, and herring from New England’s cold waters
Mother Nature matched the nutrients in whole prey animals to perfectly meet a carnivore’s dietary needs, since predatory animals like wolves and wildcats, consume the whole animal. WholePrey represents the evolution of ORIJEN foods, incorporating fresh, quality animal ingredients from meat, organs, and cartilage or bone in ratios that mirror nature and eliminate the need for long lists of synthetic supplements. The WholePrey diet is a nutritional treasure:
- Meat – essential for protein and fat as well as Vitamins A, B, D, and K, copper, chromium, folic acid, iron, magnesium, potassium, selenium, and zinc.
- Organs – packed with virtually every nutrient your dog needs to thrive, including vitamins, minerals, healthy fat, and amino acids.
- Edible Bone – a rich source of minerals including calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, and potassium in natural form that your dog body can easily absorb.
- While dogs (and puppies) have no nutritional requirement for carbohydrates, some dog foods still contain large amounts of gluten, potato, or tapioca. Biologically Appropriate ORIJEN Small Breed is a protein-rich food featuring only fresh vegetables and fruit which release sugar slowly, dramatically reducing the potential for fat storage.